Mar 25, 2023
ART 119 - 3-Dimensional Design Credits: 5
Explores the fundamentals of form and space with 3-D projects. Students investigate various mixed media materials, and become familiar with structure, mass, color, and scale.
Satisfies Requirement: Humanities/Fine Arts/English
Course Fee: $20.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Develop techniques of research and idea development through sketchbook project requirements.
- Demonstrate three-dimensional processes through visual problem solving through the carving and building projects.
- Demonstrate an understanding of creativity in the context of three-dimensional structures by creative problem-solving of the requirements in the assemblage and form over function projects.
- Demonstrate the value of good craftsmanship through skill development and the relationship of appropriate materials to the idea by overall neatness and effective construction skills in all free-standing projects.
- Participate in critiques and demonstrate the ability to respond to and evaluate art using reasoned judgment by participation in and preparedness for the projects’ critiques.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements and principles of visual arts.
- Demonstrate responsibility by class attendance and completion of assignments and projects.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)