Dec 07, 2022
ART 180 - The Artist’s Portfolio Credits: 3
Leads students through the process of organizing a body of artwork into a portfolio. Through discussions, critiques, and demonstrations, students learn how to assemble, document, and provide support materials for a professional portfolio. Course ends with an art exhibition of the student’s work.
Enrollment Requirement: ART 105 and ART 109 with grades of 1.0 or higher; or instructor consent.
Course Fee: $30.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Develop the skills to create and present an art portfolio.
- Critically evaluate technique, form and content in the artwork of a portfolio.
- Assemble a package of materials that supports the portfolio artwork.
- Display various techniques of documenting artwork.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements and principles of visual arts.
- Demonstrate responsibility by class attendance and completion of assignments and projects.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)