Jun 05, 2023
ATECH 110 - Shop Procedures Credits: 2
Includes use and maintenance of special tools and equipment, service and repair, record keeping, use of technical reference materials and regulations governing the automotive repair industry. Emphasizes development of a positive attitude toward work ethic, cultural and gender diversity, personal safety and a safe workplace, and handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
Enrollment Requirement: Instructor consent and eligible for READ 104 . All students must have a current valid driver’s license.
Course Fee: $50.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Recognize and correct unsafe conditions in the workplace.
- Properly handle and dispose of hazardous materials.
- Use special tools and equipment.
- Use of technical reference materials.
- Keep records.
- Demonstrate proper work ethics and customer and peer relations with emphasis on cultural and gender diversity.
Demonstrate safe shop practice and hazardous material handling.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)