May 30, 2023
BUS 177 - Supervised Work Experience 1 Credits: 1-6
Workplace experience allows students to apply skills learned in the Business Management program. Internships approved by faculty coordinator can be paid or unpaid. Variable credit based on hours in internship.
Enrollment Requirement: Completion of at least 15 credits in Business Management and instructor consent.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Develop short-term goals for work-related responsibilities.
- Complete work-related responsibilities.
- Assess performance against the goals for work-related responsibilities.
- Demonstrate leadership competencies and teamwork skills necessary to resolve interpersonal and organizational challenges that most often occur in the modern workplace.
- Communicate clearly, appropriately, and persuasively to business stakeholders, both orally and in writing.
- Describe the basics of strategic planning and creative problem solving.
- Explain the methods for organizing and delegating work.
- Discuss self-management skills related to areas such as goal setting, self-esteem, and problem solving.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)