Feb 02, 2023
BTAC 101 - Beginning Keyboarding Credits: 5
Uses keyboards to record words and data in the business office, as well as in personal communication. Students learn to operate the alphabet, number, and symbol keys on a computer by touch. Emphasizes speed and accuracy skill development. Students apply these computer skills to formatting basic business documents using a current word processing program. For students with little or no prior keyboarding instruction.
Course Fee: $30.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Type the alphabet, number, and symbol keys using proper touch keyboarding technique.
- Use a computerized keyboarding program.
- Use a word processing program and formatting features to produce documents.
- Format and produce business letters.
- Format and produce standard memorandums.
- Format and produce academic reports with internal citations, quoted material reference listings, and title pages.
- Format tables with main/secondary/column headings with left/centered/right/decimal tab column formatting.
- Recognize and interpret proofreading marks while working from rough draft copy.
- Develop keyboarding speed and accuracy during 5-minute timings.
- Proofread and edit material accurately.
- Implement calculator/computer technology to solve problems.
- Successfully integrate Microsoft Office software applications to present information in a meaningful manner.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)