Jun 05, 2023
BTAC 110 - Business Math Applications Credits: 5
Provides a thorough review of basic arithmetic fundamentals and their application to typical business problems. Teaches students to solve business problems using an electronic desktop calculator and a computer, and to operate a ten-key computer keypad by touch. Includes a unit in Excel.
Enrollment Requirement: Eligible for MATH 72 .
Course Fee: $15.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Operate a ten-key keyboard on a desktop calculator and computer rapidly and accurately by “touch”.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of basic-arithmetic fundamentals in solving a wide variety of business problems.
- Use the special function keys found on most calculator/computer keyboards.
- Apply business math skills in an EXCEL unit.
- Implement calculator/computer technology to solve problems.
- Integrate Microsoft Office software applications to present information in a meaningful manner.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning - Quantitative Reasoning encompasses abilities necessary for a student to become literate in today’s technological world. Quantitative reasoning begins with basic skills and extends to problem solving.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)