Dec 07, 2022
CHIN& 123 - Chinese III Credits: 5
Completes the study of Mandarin at the elementary level. Focuses on listening, speaking, reading and writing. Emphasizes pronunciation, vocabulary development, complex sentence structure, and writing with Chinese characters.
Enrollment Requirement: CHIN& 122 with a grade of 2.0 or higher; and eligible for ENGL 99 ; or instructor consent.
Satisfies Requirement: Humanities/Fine Arts/English
Course Fee: $5.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Use Pinyin and simplified Chinese characters.
- Discuss time, location and duration of events.
- Give short narratives that explain or relate a situation.
- Make, accept and turn down invitations.
- Discuss comparisons and contrasting relationships of objects or opinions.
- Discuss the weather.
- Ask for and give directions (includes mass transit).
- Use Chinese in a linguistically and culturally appropriate manner in the Chinese environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the issues and trends of Chinese culture and community from open-minded perspectives.
- Analyze cultural perspectives and values of a multicultural world.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)