May 30, 2023
CMST 266 - Film and Television as Popular Culture Credits: 5
Studies the dramatic and cinematic aesthetics of modern film and episodic television. Focuses on the examination of popular film and television dramas and sitcoms for greater understanding of the power and scope of these forms of popular culture. Also examines the role of pop culture in both society and self-awareness.
Enrollment Requirement: Eligible for ENGL& 101 or instructor consent.
Satisfies Requirement: Humanities/Fine Arts/English
Course Fee: $1.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Apply aesthetic standards to current films and episodic television.
- Explain how diversity in our culture is expressed in current films and episodic television.
- Explain how film and television provide a better understanding of contemporary popular culture.
- Explain how our society impacts contemporary film and television.
- Explain the impact of film and television on our society.
- Create messages appropriate to the audience, purpose, and context.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)