Feb 02, 2023
EDUC 210 - Assisting Practicum Credits: 3-6
Students work with children in the classroom, learning and demonstrating the fundamentals of developmentally- appropriate and culturally-sensitive practices. Students participate online each week, linking the practicum experience to theory.
Enrollment Requirement: EDUC& 205 or instructor consent.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Assist actively in all classroom curriculum areas.
- Identify and evaluate a classroom floor plan including the goals/purpose for each activity center.
- Write and evaluate a daily schedule.
- Record involvement in each center in a daily journal.
- Plan and implement lesson plans with children.
- Compile a portfolio to include assignments, Information about the program, Photographs, checklists for Health and Safety, Learning Environments, Multicultural Evaluations and Self Reflections/Evaluations.
- Demonstrate professional and ethical practices.
- Support a positive and safe learning environment.
- Communicate effectively and participate in the team process.
- Demonstrate cultural competence.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)