Dec 04, 2023
MTX 120 - Mechatronics Technician 3 Credits: 1-13
Advanced knowledge and skills of hydraulic and pneumatic systems through instruction and hands-on experience. Students will develop an understanding of electro-fluid power. Students acquire industry and workplace safety standards and practices, as well as essential interpersonal communication skills. Basic computer skills are highly recommended: Windows, Internet, and Email.
Enrollment Requirement: MTX 110 with a grade of 2.0 or higher; or instructor consent.
Course Fee: $50.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Identify advanced hydraulic components and explain their functions.
- Build and test advanced industry-specific hydraulic circuits.
- Read, write, and explain advanced hydraulic schematics.
- Identify advanced pneumatic components and their functions.
- Build and test advanced industry-specific pneumatic circuits.
- Read, write, and explain advanced pneumatic schematics.
- Build and test electro-fluid power systems.
- Work as a mechatronics technician.
- Demonstrate OSHA and WISHA standards for safety in the workplace.
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and electronic industrial equipment.
- Explain the consequences of failure to comply with company and basic safety principles.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning - Quantitative Reasoning encompasses abilities necessary for a student to become literate in today’s technological world. Quantitative reasoning begins with basic skills and extends to problem solving.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)