Jun 09, 2023
MATHJ 62 - Jump Start into Review of Arithmetic Credits: 2
A brief review of math skills needed to succeed in MATH 62 , including study skill tips for math classes. Class culminates with an opportunity to re-evaluate math placement. This is a pass/no credit course.
Course Fee: $2.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Apply the order of operations.
- Convert between percents, decimals and fractions.
- Solve percent problems using proportions.
- Solve proportions.
- Calculate square roots
- Calculate natural number exponents.
- Understand and apply the appropriate geometry formulas involving perimeter, circumference, area and volumes of basic shapes.
- Convert units of measurement within the standard and metric systems.
- Solve application problems utilizing operations with whole numbers, fractions, decimals and percents.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning - Quantitative Reasoning encompasses abilities necessary for a student to become literate in today’s technological world. Quantitative reasoning begins with basic skills and extends to problem solving.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)