Jun 08, 2023
MUSC 129 - Green River Jazz Voices 3 Credits: 1-5
Prepares and presents choral music in classical, jazz and pop idioms. Some students may be involved as rhythm section players or sound technicians. Requires extensive performance demands and additional hours for rehearsals and concerts. BY AUDITION ONLY.
Enrollment Requirement: MUSC 128 and instructor consent.
Satisfies Requirement: Humanities/Fine Arts/English
Course Fee: $15.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to sing with proper vocal technique.
- Demonstrate sight singing using solfege.
- Apply proper song stylizing to different jazz styles being performed (e.g. bossa nova, samba, swing, ballad, and pop).
- Identify historical significance of songs and styles being performed (e.g. blues, jazz standards, classic pop music, latin jazz, more current songs arranged in jazz style).
- Demonstrate high standards in performances (preparedness, professionalism, confidence, accuracy, stylizing, musical interpretation, improvisation).
- Apply leadership in your section.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of historical genres and styles beyond current trends in Performing Arts.
- Demonstrate responsibility by one or more of the following: attendance, assignment completion, final project or performance completion.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)