Jun 08, 2023
MUSC 140 - Class Piano 1 Credits: 2
Offers basic piano pedagogy in a group classroom situation. Teaches hand positions, fingering, and basic chord structure.
Satisfies Requirement: Humanities/Fine Arts/English
Course Fee: $15.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Demonstrate beginning keyboard techniques including proper hand positions and fingering.
- Perform beginning piano literature.
- Identify scales, keys, intervals, triads, clefs, meter, rhythm, and chords.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of historical genres and styles beyond current trends in Performing Arts.
- Demonstrate responsibility by one or more of the following: attendance, assignment completion, final project or performance completion.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning - Quantitative Reasoning encompasses abilities necessary for a student to become literate in today’s technological world. Quantitative reasoning begins with basic skills and extends to problem solving.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)