Jun 05, 2023
MUSC 250 - Private Instruction 4 Credits: 1
Individual instruction in voice or on any common instrument.
Enrollment Requirement: MUSC 152 and instructor consent.
Satisfies Requirement: Humanities/Fine Arts/English
Course Fee: $675.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Demonstrate proper tone production on specified instrument.
- Demonstrate memorization of intermediate musical literature appropriate to instrument.
- Apply proper tone production and musical interpretation in a public performance.
- Perform music from a variety of contemporary and historical styles.
- Demonstrate professional standards of stage presence and concert etiquette during public performance.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of historical genres and styles beyond current trends in Performing Arts.
- Demonstrate responsibility by one or more of the following: attendance, assignment completion, final project or performance completion.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)