Feb 24, 2024
MUSC 299 - Independent Study-Music 2 Credits: 1-5
Encourages students to study independently in their fields of special interest in music. Each student meets on a tutorial basis with the instructor.
Enrollment Requirement: MUSC 298 and instructor consent.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Design a music-related project and/or research plan with the instructor.
- Demonstrate progress on the music-related project and/or research throughout the quarter.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of historical genres and styles beyond current trends in Performing Arts.
- Demonstrate responsibility by one or more of the following: attendance, assignment completion, final project or performance completion.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)