Jun 09, 2023
NATRS 399 - Natural Resources Seminar Credits: 1
Showcases timely speeches by professionals in natural resource management. Guide students through a review of current topics in forestry, fire, watershed, or soils. Presentations by guest speakers and professionals in the field complement student’s development of writing and oral presentation skills.
Enrollment Requirement: ENGL& 101 with a grade of 2.0 or higher; and instructor consent.
Course Fee: $5.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Discuss the various facets of Natural Resources through weekly guest lecture presentations from multiple professionals.
- Discuss current events, findings and practices in the field of Natural Resources.
- Engage with relevant questions of current professionals in the field.
- Summarize talks and synthesize information through reflection essays.
- Attain a job in the Natural Resources field.
- Manage Forestland and Resources to attain positive outcomes.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communications between industry partners and cooperators.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)