Jun 05, 2023
NURSE 101 - Introduction to Nursing & Technology Credits: 1-2
Introductory course of concepts related to nursing including methods of learning, study skills, testing skills, time management, campus resources, academic resources, research and the role of the practical nurse in regards to nursing technology and electronic health record.
Enrollment Requirement: Enrollment in Practical Nursing program and instructor consent.
Course Fee: $110.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Demonstrate use of electronic materials in educational programs and clinical settings for nursing students.
- Describe strategies to enhance academic success in the nursing program.
- Describe the role of the practical nurse in various health care settings and inter-professional relations.
- Utilize information technology and supportive resources to improve client care processes within the healthcare system.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning - Quantitative Reasoning encompasses abilities necessary for a student to become literate in today’s technological world. Quantitative reasoning begins with basic skills and extends to problem solving.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)