Jun 05, 2023
ART 140 - Introduction to Animation Credits: 5
Students will create their own animations from still photographs, mixed media, drawings, and/or digital media. The course introduces the basics of stop-motion animation and the industry standard software used to edit animated movies.
Enrollment Requirement: ART 105 with a grade of 1.0 or higher or instructor consent.
Course Fee: $30.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Demonstrate conceptual understanding of narrative through the process of story-boarding and reflection.
- Demonstrate understanding of the structure of stop-motion animation by creating still imagery via photography, drawing and digital stills.
- Create animations digitally.
- Edit movies by adding audio soundtracks and titles.
- Work on a creative team.
Demonstrate elements and principles of visual arts.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning - Quantitative Reasoning encompasses abilities necessary for a student to become literate in today’s technological world. Quantitative reasoning begins with basic skills and extends to problem solving.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)