Jun 08, 2023
JOURN 140 - Audio Editing for Digital Media Credits: 5
Students develop copywriting skills and refine their audio production and editing techniques in the recording studio. Also covers basic technical principles and techniques relating to broadcast audio systems, studio operation, and broadcast transmission.
Course Fee: 50.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Demonstrate creative copywriting, voicing, and studio production for broadcast and new media applications.
- Use editing and delivery techniques.
- Demonstrate basic technical operations of a radio broadcast facility and audio and radio frequency signals.
- Explain studio equipment operation and interconnection.
- Use broadcast and recording software.
- Use their skills to apply for entrance into the wide field of broadcasting and digital media.
- Transfer to a four-year institution for additional learning in the field of broadcasting, digital media and communications.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)