May 30, 2023
CAD 250 - Industry Project Development Credits: 4
Students determine their area of focus through their own chosen course direction. Projects are proposed by students or are assigned by the instructor. Projects are selected on the basis of difficulty and completeness. Instructor endeavors to obtain a project from a local construction firm, architectural office, or manufacturing company. Design teams create complete documentation sets for the required discipline.
Course Fee: $75.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Review and solve basic and complex Orthographic problems.
- Solve complex industry related designs for local companies or projects created by instructor.
- Generate related drawings and calculations required to solve related project.
- Review industry standards and terminology related to chosen industries.
- Read and correctly interpret drawings per industry standards.
- Read and correctly interpret welding symbols per current AWS standard.
- Identify, solve, and apply engineering principles and calculations relevant to a design project.
- Apply computer and engineering office software for documentation, communication and approval within an engineering office environment.
- Critical Thinking -Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning - Quantitative Reasoning encompasses abilities necessary for a student to become literate in today’s technological world. Quantitative reasoning begins with basic skills and extends to problem solving.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)