Dec 01, 2023
ART 107 - Advanced Drawing Credits: 5
Further explores the human form as subject matter for drawing as a means of creating a coherent visual and expressive statement.
Enrollment Requirement: ART 106 with a grade of 1.0 or higher or instructor consent.
Satisfies Requirement: Humanities/Fine Arts/English
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Develop observation skills and translating observations into visual expressions.
- Experiment with a variety of surfaces, drawing media, and collage to investigate line, value, form, and composition.
- Investigate traditional techniques and contemporary trends.
- Consider the figure as a vehicle for conveying meaning and as a vital way to invoke associations to culture and history.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements and principles of visual arts.
- Demonstrate responsibility by class attendance and completion of assignments and projects.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)