AVIA 190 - FAA Next Generation Technologies
Covers technologies and procedures the FAA is using as the FAA migrates from the existing National Airspace System infrastructure and technology to the FAA Next Generation National Airspace System infrastructure and technology.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Explain the new technologies being developed by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Explain how the new air traffic system is being implemented by the Federal Aviation Administration.
- Describe the differences between air traffic procedures in the U.S. and abroad.
- Define all the new air traffic terms.
- Prepare for an entry-level position as an Air Traffic Controller in the National Airspace System.
- Employ understanding of the integral parts of the global aviation industry through practical application of comprehensive aeronautical principles.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary and diverse team of aviation professionals through proficiency in the skills and technology used in the aviation industry.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)