Dec 09, 2023
BTAC 102 - Intermediate Keyboarding Credits: 5
Builds on the keyboarding skills and concepts developed in BTAC 101 . Continues emphasis on speed and accuracy development on a computer keyboard. Students use a word processing program to refine formatting skills on basic business documents such as business letters, memorandums, reports, and tables.
Enrollment Requirement: BTAC 101 with a grade of 2.0 or higher or instructor consent. Recommended: BTAC 112 and a minimum typing speed of 30 wpm.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Keyboard accurately using touch typing technique.
- Use a word processing program and its formatting features to produce documents.
- Prepare block and modified block business letters with special letter notations.
- Prepare interoffice memorandums, prepare and format tables using word processing table features.
- Prepare reports with title pages, table of contents, executive summaries, internal citation/footnotes/endnotes, reference listings, appendix pages.
- Prepare multi-page documents (letters, memos, reports).
- Prepare administration documents (agendas, minutes, itineraries, news release).
- Implement calculator/computer technology to solve problems.
- Successfully integrate Microsoft Office software applications to present information in a meaningful manner.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)