Dec 03, 2023
BTAC 163 - Advanced Excel Credits: 5
Focuses on advanced formatting and functions, creating and modifying templates and workbooks, using analysis tools, managing and auditing worksheets and workbooks, collaborating with workbooks, and using data from external sources.
Enrollment Requirement: BTAC 162 with a grade of 2.0 or higher; or instructor consent.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Format worksheets using advanced formatting techniques, work with templates and workbooks.
- Use advanced functions.
- Use analysis tools.
- Manage and audit worksheets.
- Collaborate with workbooks.
- Use data from the internet and other sources.
- Utilize file management skills.
- Implement calculator/computer technology to solve problems.
- Integrate Microsoft Office software applications to present information in a meaningful manner.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning - Quantitative Reasoning encompasses abilities necessary for a student to become literate in today’s technological world. Quantitative reasoning begins with basic skills and extends to problem solving.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)