Dec 03, 2023
BTAC 167 - Access: Create and Modify Reports Credits: 1
Introduces the user to reports using Microsoft Access database application. Reports are database objects used to sort, summarize, and output useful information. Emphasizes planning out the report in order to create professional and useful reports. Covers performing calculations in a report.
Recommended: Basic knowledge of computer, keyboarding, and Access skills.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Plan a report.
- Use different report views.
- Create and edit a report.
- Identify report elements, sections, and controls.
- Add grouping levels in Layout view.
- Add fields to a report.
- Use the Report Wizard.
- Implement calculator/computer technology to solve problems.
- Integrate Microsoft Office software applications to present information in a meaningful manner.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)