Dec 08, 2023
BTAC 195 - Excel: Collaboration, the Web, and Macros Credits: 1
Focuses on sharing and distributing Excel data, as well as working with Excel options. Students work with Excel templates and automate tasks with macros, and the use of Internet technology to display Excel data on web pages.
Recommended: BTAC 191 and keyboarding skills.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Collaborate by comparing spreadsheets using tracking tools.
- Save workbooks in different formats.
- Review and modify Excel options.
- Customize the ribbons and toolbars.
- Activate and utilize add-ins.
- Create, modify and use templates, themes, and styles.
- Create, modify and use macros using VBA.
- Implement calculator/computer technology to solve problems.
- Successfully integrate Microsoft Office software applications to present information in a meaningful manner.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)