Dec 06, 2023
CRC 177 - Court Reporting/Captioning Work Experience 1
Allows student to work full- or part-time in jobs directly related to their programs and interests. Students may receive a salary or volunteer.
Enrollment Requirement: Concurrent enrollment in COOP 171 and instructor consent.
Course outcomes to be mutually agreed upon between instructor and student.
- Read, write, and understand a realtime theory.
- Write unfamiliar two-voice and multi-voice testimony, literary, and jury charge, material.
- Demonstrate the ability to write increased level of vocabulary, including legal and medical vocabulary.
- Apply machine-writing skills on legal, medical, and technical terminology.
- Demonstrate natural, smooth read back of shorthand notes.
- Demonstrate correct spelling, punctuation, proofreading skills, and English in the production of typed material.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of realtime technology through the production of transcripts and/or captions.
- Build, maintain, and implement personal and job dictionaries for realtime translation.
- Demonstrate knowledge of international, national, and local current events, geography, and cultural diversity issues.
- Perform the role of professional reporter or captioner in simulated exercises and execute all required tasks.
- Apply the NCRA Code of Professional Ethics in all writing activities.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)