Dec 09, 2023
MUSC 150 - Private Instruction 1 Credits: 1
Individual instruction in voice or on any common instrument.
Enrollment Requirement: Instructor consent.
Satisfies Requirement: Humanities/Fine Arts/English
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Demonstrate proper tone production on specified instrument.
- Demonstrate memorization of beginning musical literature appropriate to instrument.
- Apply proper tone production and musical interpretation in a public performance.
- Perform music from a variety of contemporary and historical styles.
- Demonstrate professional standards of stage presence and concert etiquette during public performance.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of historical genres and styles beyond current trends in Performing Arts.
- Demonstrate responsibility by one or more of the following: attendance, assignment completion, final project or performance completion.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning - Quantitative Reasoning encompasses abilities necessary for a student to become literate in today’s technological world. Quantitative reasoning begins with basic skills and extends to problem solving.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)