Dec 03, 2023
MUSC 227 - Green River Jazz Voices 4 Credits: 1-5
Students prepare and present choral music in classical, jazz and pop idioms. Some students may be involved as rhythm section players or sound technicians. Requires extensive performance demands and additional hours for rehearsals and concerts. BY AUDITION ONLY.
Enrollment Requirement: MUSC 129 and instructor consent.
Satisfies Requirement: Humanities/Fine Arts/English
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Identify and explain non-dominant seventh chords, secondary dominant chords, musical forms, and modulation.
- Recognize and explain major events in the development of music theory.
- Analyze music using intermediate music theory knowledge.
- Analyze and compose music using phrases, motives, counterpoint, four-part harmony, basic modulation, and simple forms.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of historical genres and styles beyond current trends in Performing Arts.
- Demonstrate responsibility by one or more of the following: attendance, assignment completion, final project or performance completion.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)