Feb 25, 2024
PHOTO 113 - Advanced Digital Photography Credits: 5
Furthers the study of aesthetic and technical theories and techniques of digital photography. Emphasizes the development of a related body of work demonstrating the student’s personal photographic vision. Explores advanced digital camera and image editing software techniques. Course requires a digital camera.
Enrollment Requirement: PHOTO 112 with a grade of 1.0 or higher; or instructor consent.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Conduct advanced level camera operation and exposure techniques.
- Conduct advanced level composition techniques incorporating the elements and principals of design.
- Conduct advanced level photographic lighting principals and techniques.
- Conduct advanced level photographic image editing techniques.
- Conduct advanced level photography criticism techniques and theories.
- Conduct advanced level photographic creativity.
- Conduct advanced level photographic craftsmanship.
- Conduct a research and presentation of a photographic portfolio project.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements and principals of design.
- Demonstrate responsibility by class attendance and completion of assignments and projects.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)