Feb 29, 2024
P E 111 - Aerobic Walking Credits: 2
Focuses on cardiorespiratory fitness through aerobic walking on a walking track, trails, and nearby neighborhoods surrounding the campus. Lecture and lab activities focus on cardiorespiratory endurance, reduction or maintenance of body fat levels, safe and sound activity principles, nutrition, weight management/control, and risk factors for disease.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Make wise choices regarding physical activity, nutrition, weight managemen control, body composition, and risk factors for disease.
- Develop programs and participate in safe and effective aerobic walking techniques suitable to their individual goals and the course purpose.
- Maintain or improve cardio-respiratory endurance.
- Participate in academic and physical activities that address various goals of Healthy People 2020. Goals include physical activity, nutrition and weight status, diabetes, heart disease and stroke, and cancer.
- Apply training principles or rules of the sport in fitness- and skill-related classes.
- Identify and/or practice lifetime health and fitness skills that reduce risk of chronic disease and improve or maintain fitness and skill.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)