Feb 28, 2024
P E 115 - Kick-Box Aerobics Credits: 1
Focuses on cardiorespiratory fitness using skills and techniques of kick-boxing combined with music. Develops general endurance of the respiratory and circulatory systems, reduces or maintains body fat levels and teaches basic martial art skills such as punching, kicking, knee raises, and many combinations.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Make wise choices regarding physical activity and training techniques associated with kick-box aerobics.
- Participate in safe and effective aerobic activity suitable to their individual needs and the course purpose.
- Participate in academic and physical activities that address various goals of Healthy People 2020. Goals include physical activity, nutrition and weight status, diabetes, heart disease and stroke, and cancer.
- Apply training principles or rules of the sport in fitness- and skill-related classes.
- Identify and/or practice lifetime health and fitness skills that reduce risk of chronic disease and improve or maintain fitness and skill.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)