Feb 25, 2024
P E 121 - Badminton Credits: 1
Focuses on the fundamentals of badminton as a lifetime leisure activity. Enables the participant to practice and acquire proper techniques and strategies associated with badminton and learn the rules governing the game.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Practice the following fundamental skills of badminton: serve, backhand, forehand, high clear, drop shot, and smash.
- Practice offensive and defensive skills and strategies.
- Participate in academic and physical activities that address various goals of Healthy People 2020. Goals include physical activity, nutrition and weight status, diabetes, heart disease and stroke, and cancer.
- Apply training principles or rules of the sport in fitness- and skill-related classes.
- Identify and/or practice lifetime health and fitness skills that reduce risk of chronic disease and improve or maintain fitness and skill.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)