Feb 24, 2024
P E 247 - Advanced Pilates/Yoga Credits: 1
Allows students to continue their training in Pilates and yoga by training core muscle groups- -abdomen, lower back, hips, and buttocks. Focuses on building a stronger, healthier body, and improving posture, circulation, energy and stamina. Emphasizes stretching and relaxing the mind and body.
Enrollment Requirement: P E 147.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Make wise choices regarding participation in physical activity.
- Improve wellness by actively participating in safe and effective Pilates and yoga techniques suitable to their individual needs and the course purpose.
- Evaluate personal health and wellness, fitness level, and/or physical skill development.
- Participate in academic and physical activities that address various goals of Healthy People 2020. Goals include physical activity, nutrition and weight status, diabetes, heart disease and stroke, and cancer.
- Apply training principles or rules of the sport in fitness- and skill-related classes.
- Identify and/or practice lifetime health and fitness skills that reduce risk of chronic disease and improve or maintain fitness and skill.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)