Feb 24, 2024
P E 248 - Advanced Core Training Credits: 1
Focuses on utilizing Swiss balls and free weights (dumbbells) to build core strength and functional fitness. Allows students to continue to advance their core fitness by toning the entire body with special emphasis on progressively challenging the spinal extensors and deep abdominal muscles.
Enrollment Requirement: P E 148.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Make wise choices regarding physical activity and training techniques.
- Participate in safe and effective physical activity suitable to their individual needs and the course purpose.
- Improve wellness by developing programs and actively participating in physical activity suitable to their individual goals and the course purpose.
- Participate in academic and physical activities that address various goals of Healthy People 2020. Goals include physical activity, nutrition and weight status, diabetes, heart disease and stroke, and cancer.
- Apply training principles or rules of the sport in fitness- and skill-related classes.
- Identify and/or practice lifetime health and fitness skills that reduce risk of chronic disease and improve or maintain fitness and skill.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)