Feb 24, 2024
P E 258 - Advanced Cardio Fusion Credits: 1
Focuses on using a boot camp format which promotes cardio respiratory fitness and muscular strength and endurance. Applies interval training principles using hand-held weights, resistance bands, Swiss balls, and aerobic exercise set to music.
Enrollment Requirement: P E 158.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Make wise choices regarding physical activity and training techniques.
- Participate in safe and effective physical activity suitable to their individual needs and the course purpose.
- Improve wellness by developing programs and actively participating in physical activity suitable to their individual goals and the course purpose.
- Participate in academic and physical activities that address various goals of Healthy People 2020. Goals include physical activity, nutrition and weight status, diabetes, heart disease and stroke, and cancer.
- Apply training principles or rules of the sport in fitness- and skill-related classes.
- Identify and/or practice lifetime health and fitness skills that reduce risk of chronic disease and improve or maintain fitness and skill.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)