Feb 24, 2024
P E 298 - Independent Study-Physical Education 2 Credits: 1-3
Enables students with basic knowledge in a discipline to pursue areas of special interest when there is no offering in the regular curriculum.
Enrollment Requirement: Instructor consent.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Demonstrate an enhanced understanding of their current knowledge of a physical education subject under the guidance of an instructor.
- Demonstrate an enhanced awareness and understanding of physical activity including safe participation technical proficiency, and skill development.
- Participate in academic and physical activities that address various goals of Healthy People 2020. Goals include physical activity, nutrition and weight status, diabetes, heart disease and stroke, and cancer.
- Apply training principles or rules of the sport in fitness- and skill-related classes.
- Identify and/or practice lifetime health and fitness skills that reduce risk of chronic disease and improve or maintain fitness and skill.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)