Feb 24, 2024
PTA 277 - Clinical Affiliation 1 Credits: 1
Supervised clinical experiences are to familiarize the student with physical therapy practice. Students are expected to actively participate in patient care, applying knowledge and skills from coursework. This is a pass/no credit course.
Enrollment Requirement: Concurrent enrollment in PTA 251.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Document patient care consistent with clinical standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform selected therapeutic interventions under supervision and consistent with academic content to date.
- Demonstrate the ability to follow the policies and procedures delineated by the GRC PTA Program and the affiliation site policies and procedures.
- Participate safely and effectively in clinical affiliation as determined by the clinical instructor.
- Implement plans of care developed by physical therapists.
- Provide care in a safe, legal and ethical manner.
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with patients, families, physical therapists and other care providers both verbally and non‐verbally including accurate written communication and documentation.
- Instruct patients, families and other health care providers using techniques consistent with the level of the audience.
- Function as integral team members and participate in the team process.
- Transition to successful employment as PTAs.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)