TS-OD 94 - HS21+ Open Doors PLA - Occupational Ed
Allows students to earn high school-level credit for prior experience or learning on an individual basis. Involves documentation of the skill or training in occupational education, accompanied by a reflection, written by the student/applicant, that describes the importance of this skill and why it should be considered for high school credit. This is a pass/no credit course.
Enrollment Requirement: Instructor consent. Students must be admitted through Open Doors.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Write arguments to support claims on occupational education using valid reasoning and relevant and sufficient evidence.
- Write informative/explanatory texts on occupational education to convey complex ideas, concepts, and information clearly and accurately.
- Gather relevant information from multiple sources on an occupational education topic.
- Integrate and present research on art in an effective format.
- Avoid plagiarism by following a standard format of citation.
Demonstrate the skills necessary for successful transition to college credit courses and/or living wage employment.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)