Dec 08, 2023
CAD 121 - Civil 3-D Drafting and Design Credits: 5
Introduces civil drafting symbols, terminology, and standards. Includes development of an engineering drawing from survey notes to its inclusion into a set of construction plans or an engineering report. Previously D T 125.
Enrollment Requirement: CAD 101 or instructor consent.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Demonstrate basic skills required for a CAD Drafting role in civil engineering-related fields, using both Auto CAD and Autodesk’s Civil 3D (C3D) program.
- Demonstrate knowledge in identifying elements of roadway horizontal and vertical alignments.
- Create profiles and Cross sections.
- Complete assignments using civil terminology and practices common in the industry.
- Apply computer and engineering office software for documentation, communication and approval within an engineering office environment.
- Solve problems by referencing Residential and International building codes applicable to the industry.
- Critical Thinking -Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Quantitative and Symbolic Reasoning - Quantitative Reasoning encompasses abilities necessary for a student to become literate in today’s technological world. Quantitative reasoning begins with basic skills and extends to problem solving.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)