Jun 05, 2023
ART 219 - Advanced 3-Dimensional Design Credits: 5
Further development of 3-dimensional design concepts as they apply to the visual arts. Students work on an independent project, developing an idea through various design stages, culminating in the installation of a final sculpture.
Enrollment Requirement: ART 119 with a grade of 1.0 or higher or instructor consent.
Satisfies Requirement: Humanities/Fine Arts/English
Course Fee: $20.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Develop ideas for 3-dimensional projects through research of historical context.
- Develop visual problem solving skills by rendering ideas with a variety of drawing media.
- Demonstrate an understanding of orchestrating space through the concerns of placement and locations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of creativity in the context of 3-dimensional structures.
- Demonstrate the value of good craftsmanship through skill development and the relationship of appropriate materials to the idea.
- Evaluate art and respond to art critique using reasoned judgment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements and principles of visual arts.
- Demonstrate responsibility by class attendance and completion of assignments and projects.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)