Dec 07, 2022
ATECH 112 - Engine Performance Credits: 1-14
Encompasses spark system management, emissions control, computerized engine control system sensors and actuators and use of diagnostic equipment necessary to test, adjust, and repair engine systems. Emphasizes development of a positive attitude toward work ethic, cultural and gender diversity, personal and workplace safety, and hazardous materials handling and disposal.
Enrollment Requirement: ATECH 110 , ATECH 111, eligible for READ 104 and instructor consent. All students must have a current valid driver’s license.
Course Fee: $3.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Diagnose and repair computerized controls.
- Diagnose and repair ignition systems.
- Diagnose and repair fuel, air induction and exhaust systems.
- Diagnose and repair emissions control systems.
- Demonstrate safe shop practice and hazardous material handling.
- Diagnose and repair automotive emissions and engine performance standards to ASE Standards.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)