May 28, 2023
ATECH 118 - Heating and Air Conditioning Credits: 1-6
A modular, self-paced course in automotive heating and air conditioning systems including diagnosis, service and repair of systems and system components. Emphasizes development of a positive attitude toward work ethic, cultural and gender diversity, personal and workplace safety, and hazardous materials handling and disposal.
Enrollment Requirement: ATECH 110 and instructor consent. Eligible for READ 104 . All students must have a current valid driver’s license.
Course Fee: $3.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Diagnose and repair A/C systems.
- Diagnose and repair refrigeration system components.
- Diagnose and repair heating, ventilation, and engine cooling systems.
- Recover, recycle and handle refrigerant.
- Demonstrate safe shop practice and hazardous material handling.
- Diagnose and repair automotive air condition and heating systems as to ASE Standards.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)