Jun 05, 2023
BUS 310 - Marketing Research and Analytics Credits: 5
Students learn to formulate marketing goals by utilizing market research methods to collect, analyze, and evaluate marketing data and information. Topics include market research methods, data analysis and interpretation, research proposals, communicating research, and strategic applications of research.
Enrollment Requirement: Admission into the BAS in Marketing and Entrepreneurship program, BUS 395 , BUS 300 and BUS 401 ; or instructor consent. Recommended: MATH 256 .
Course Fee: $100.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Contrast marketing research methods in terms of effectiveness, accuracy, cost, and required resources.
- Differentiate major types of measurement techniques and data collection methods.
- Analyze data obtained using marketing research.
- Construct market research project proposal that specifies research goals and methods.
- Propose marketing strategy recommendations utilizing results obtained from marketing research.
- Analyze and use business data to develop appropriate business and marketing strategies.
- Apply entrepreneurship principles to better leverage organizational resources.
- Apply economic and behavioral concepts to strategy formulation.
- Conduct a survey of the business environment, identify opportunities, and formulate a plan for capitalizing on them.
- Assess the potential market for a product, and then formulate a plan for developing and marketing the product.
- Formulate and communicate an original business plan to an audience of stakeholders.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)