Jun 05, 2023
BTAC 130 - Business Correspondence Credits: 5
Emphasizes techniques to develop and compose psychologically-sound business messages dealing with good news, bad news, and persuasive messages. Develops skills to write a clear and well-organized business report.
Enrollment Requirement: Eligible for ENGL 99 and READ 104 ; or instructor consent. Recommended: BTAC 100 or computer application experience.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Use appropriate words to write clear sentences and paragraphs, and to punctuate and spell according to correct English usage.
- Apply the following principles for effective business message writing: you attitude, courtesy, positive language, coherence, emphasis techniques.
- Produce structurally correct messages by using appropriate psychological concepts.
- Develop an orderly and objective communication of factual information in a short report format.
- Implement calculator/computer technology to solve problems.
- Successfully integrate Microsoft Office software applications to present information in a meaningful manner.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)