May 30, 2023
JOURN 205 - Radio Management Credits: 5
Students will learn additional skills as part of the management team at our broadcast radio stations (KGRG and KGRG-FM). Planning, organizing, managing events and staff are practiced as preparation for advanced careers in broadcasting.
Enrollment Requirement: JOURN 115 or instructor consent.
Course Fee: $60.00
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Understand the daily management of a radio station.
- Demonstrate skills of working with others in a pre-professional setting.
- Demonstrate industry-accepted on-the-air techniques.
- Demonstrate management and leadership skills.
- Create a job interview-quality aircheck & resume.
Apply relevant criteria and standards when evaluating information in terms of how it will interest and inform their audience.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
- Written Communication - Written Communication encompasses all the abilities necessary for effective expression of thoughts, feelings, and ideas in written form.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)