Jun 22, 2021
ART 105 - Beginning Drawing Credits: 5
Covers the use of line, shape, light and shadow, perspective, and fundamentals of composition in the context of drawing based on observation and creative expression. Introduces students to the figure, forms in nature, landscape, interior spaces, and still life.
Satisfies Requirement: Humanities/Fine Arts/English
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Show proficiency with hand/eye coordination in relationship to drawing from observation.
- Apply sighting methods to check proportion, angles, and spatial alignments.
- Identify and apply atmospheric and linear perspective concepts.
- Show familiar with a variety of black and white media, including the use of eraser as a drawing tool.
- Understand the many components of light and shadow, and the descriptive quality of surface texture.
- Demonstrate the ability to use effective compositions in their drawings.
- Show proficiency with various drawing techniques, gesture, contour, and tonal.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the elements and principles of visual arts.
- Demonstrate responsibility by class attendance and completion of assignments and projects.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)