BTAC 255 - Advanced Word
Focuses on using bookmarks and hyphenation; creating annotations and macros; adding borders, frames, and pictures; using WordArt, and Equation Editor; creating tables and charts; formatting text into columns; sorting text; formatting with styles; creating outlines, fill-in forms, tables of contents and indexes.
Prerequisite: BTAC 112 with a grade of 2.0 or higher; or instructor’s permission. Recommended: A typing speed of 30 wpm.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Construct and format professional documents using advanced Word techniques.
- Insert and format graphics.
- Create, customize, and apply macros.
- Create and customize tables, charts, styles, equations, templates, and forms.
- Create, modify, and apply references.
- Utilize file management skills.
- Implement calculator/computer technology to solve problems.
- Successfully integrate Microsoft Office software applications to present information in a meaningful manner.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)