Sep 25, 2023
BUS 403 - Special Topics: Marketing and Entrepreneurship 3 Credits: 2
Students study and train to meet established needs in business, marketing and entrepreneurship practices. Course content varies each time it is offered. Intended to meet the program outcomes associated with the Bachelors of Applied Science in Marketing and Entrepreneurship.
Enrollment Requirement: Admission into the BAS in Marketing and Entrepreneurship program, BUS 395 , BUS 300 , BUS 401 , BUS 310 , BUS 344 and BUS 402 ; or instructor consent.
Students who successfully complete this class will be able to:
- Analyze a specific topic in marketing and entrepreneurship.
- Explain how to apply the topic to develop, grow, or optimize a business.
- Analyze and use business data to develop appropriate business and marketing strategies.
- Apply entrepreneurship principles to better leverage organizational resources.
- Apply economic and behavioral concepts to strategy formulation.
- Conduct a survey of the business environment, identify opportunities, and formulate a plan for capitalizing on them.
- Assess the potential market for a product, and then formulate a plan for developing and marketing the product.
- Formulate and communicate an original business plan to an audience of stakeholders.
- Critical Thinking - Critical thinking finds expression in all disciplines and everyday life. It is characterized by an ability to reflect upon thinking patterns, including the role of emotions on thoughts, and to rigorously assess the quality of thought through its work products. Critical thinkers routinely evaluate thinking processes and alter them, as necessary, to facilitate an improvement in their thinking and potentially foster certain dispositions or intellectual traits over time.
- Responsibility - Responsibility encompasses those behaviors and dispositions necessary for students to be effective members of a community. This outcome is designed to help students recognize the value of a commitment to those responsibilities which will enable them to work successfully individually and with others.
Add to Portfolio (opens a new window)