The BAS degree in Applied Management program is designed to prepare students for employment in a variety of business positions, including management analyst, general and operations manager, marketing manager, market research analyst, sales manager, and human resource specialist. Based on an assessment of the skills required for the occupations targeted by this degree, students completing the BAS in Applied Management will be able to:
- Formulate effective business strategies by conducting thorough analysis of a given market and business environment.
- Demonstrate leadership competencies and teamwork skills necessary to resolve interpersonal and organizational challenges that most often occur in the modern workplace.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data to effectively and efficiently resolve business problems.
- Analyze financial data to explain organizational performance and identify business opportunities in a given market.
- Use organizational behavior principles and human resources management practices to formulate a plan to effectively hire, retain, and develop a workforce.
- Plan and implement marketing and sales strategies to maximize long-term profitability of a firm.
- Demonstrate professional and persuasive communication to internal and external stakeholders, both orally and in writing.
- Construct operations and project plans that efficiently and effectively leverage organizational resources.
- Formulate strategies to increase ethical behavior and socially responsible decision making within an organization.
Entry Requirements: The entry requirements for the BAS in Applied Management program provide access to students from both academic transfer and career and technical programs. These entry requirements also ensure that prospective students are prepared for success once they enter the program. Entry requirements are:
- Possess an AAA, AAS or AAS-T degree with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better OR an AA or AS degree (when applicable) with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better
- Completion of Math at the 097 level or higher (5 credits with a grade of 2.5 or better)
- Completion of ENGL& 101 or ENGL 126 or ENGL 127 or ENGL 128 , or ENGL& 235 (5 credits with a grade of 2.5 or better)
NOTE: Students who may not meet the stated entry requirements should contact the Program Manager or Program Director to learn about alternative pathways for entry into the BAS Applied Management Program.
For more information about this degree, please contact either of the following:
Contacts: Tim Broxholm, ext. 4377, email@example.com
Leanna Patricio, ext 5031, Lpatricio@greenriver.edu